Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer Programs like photo shop and other editing programs on a windows pc to mac

Can I transfer programs like photo shop and other programs from my windows pc to my new macbook pro M1 laptop ?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 7:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 7:47 AM

Welcome.

Not by dragging and dropping. Apps for Windows will not run under MacOS. The coding is completely different so you cannot simply "move" a PC app to a Mac.

However, if Photoshop or any other program is subscription-based, you may be able to reactivate it on a new computer at no cost regardless of OS version.

If you have not yet bought the Mac, it is important to check with the developer to confirm this before laying out a lot of money.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2021 7:47 AM in response to cleveland01

Welcome.

Not by dragging and dropping. Apps for Windows will not run under MacOS. The coding is completely different so you cannot simply "move" a PC app to a Mac.

However, if Photoshop or any other program is subscription-based, you may be able to reactivate it on a new computer at no cost regardless of OS version.

If you have not yet bought the Mac, it is important to check with the developer to confirm this before laying out a lot of money.

Transfer Programs like photo shop and other editing programs on a windows pc to mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.