You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my icons have disappeared in safari

my icons have disappeared in safari on my iphone 8 plus

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 12:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2021 11:16 AM

Hi basilbrush12,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities! It looks like you have a question about some icons in Safari, and we'd like to get an understanding of the issue to see how we can help out.

For clarification, which icons are you referring to? Are you missing your bookmarks, favorites, or something else?

If you Restart your iPhone and check again, does this help? Also, which iOS version are you using under Settings > General > About?

If restarting doesn't clear up the issue, let us know the details and your current iOS version. Kind regards.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 8, 2021 11:16 AM in response to basilbrush12

Hi basilbrush12,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities! It looks like you have a question about some icons in Safari, and we'd like to get an understanding of the issue to see how we can help out.

For clarification, which icons are you referring to? Are you missing your bookmarks, favorites, or something else?

If you Restart your iPhone and check again, does this help? Also, which iOS version are you using under Settings > General > About?

If restarting doesn't clear up the issue, let us know the details and your current iOS version. Kind regards.

Apr 12, 2021 5:02 AM in response to basilbrush12

Hi basilbrush12,

Thanks for replying. Are the bookmarks missing, or just the icons? Do you see your list of bookmarks but they appear with a generic letter icon?

Did you try restarting your iPhone to see if that helps?

If you've been using iCloud with Safari, you might also want to tap Settings > [name] > iCloud and make sure that feature is turned on.

Cheers.

my icons have disappeared in safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.