Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email sound notification

Anyone having problems with no sound on email arriving in inbox? I have an SE2020 2nd generation. Even Apple are struggling to find a fix.

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 1:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 2:46 PM

I'm not sure what to suggest here. In Settings > Sounds & Haptics what have you set to your mail notification sound? In the same place, do you have Change with Buttons turned on or off? If you have it turned off, the tone sound will be fixed at the level of ringer and alert volume you see in the slider bar. If you have it turned on, it may not be loud enough to be heard. I have Change with Buttons OFF always.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2021 2:46 PM in response to FrustratedAppleUser110

I'm not sure what to suggest here. In Settings > Sounds & Haptics what have you set to your mail notification sound? In the same place, do you have Change with Buttons turned on or off? If you have it turned off, the tone sound will be fixed at the level of ringer and alert volume you see in the slider bar. If you have it turned on, it may not be loud enough to be heard. I have Change with Buttons OFF always.

Apr 7, 2021 1:56 PM in response to lobsterghost1

Reset to factory settings/restore from iCloud three times. Reset and set up as new phone without restore from iCloud. You name it I’ve done it. Was just wondering if anyone else had the problem or if it was peculiar to my phone. I have a call booked from Apple for the 9th but not holding out much hope they will come up with the answer even though their engineer technicians are working on it.

Email sound notification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.