Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

software update error

I really want to upgrade to Big sur but no matter how I try again it always show this. I have 287,75 GB of storage available and try to restart my mac several times. This is tiring, I don't know what to do..

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 6:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 6:58 PM

software update error Said:

"I really want to upgrade to Big sur but no matter how I try again it always show this. I have 287,75 GB of storage available and try to restart my mac several times. This is tiring, I don't know what to do.."

-------

Three Thoughts:

A. Try it in Safe Mode.

When you boot in Safe Mode, login items do not open at log in, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files (i.e. caches) are fixed. To boot up in Safe Mode [Hold Down: the shift key upon boot].

B. Use a New Admin User:

Create a new administrator for temporary user, and see if you can install with that user. Once all is installed, login to the normal user, and delete this user you just created for the install.

C. Network Options:

If you are on your own network, then restart your router (power off the router for 30 seconds, and then power it pack on). If you are on a public LAN, then try another network.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2021 6:58 PM in response to cathhtac

software update error Said:

"I really want to upgrade to Big sur but no matter how I try again it always show this. I have 287,75 GB of storage available and try to restart my mac several times. This is tiring, I don't know what to do.."

-------

Three Thoughts:

A. Try it in Safe Mode.

When you boot in Safe Mode, login items do not open at log in, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files (i.e. caches) are fixed. To boot up in Safe Mode [Hold Down: the shift key upon boot].

B. Use a New Admin User:

Create a new administrator for temporary user, and see if you can install with that user. Once all is installed, login to the normal user, and delete this user you just created for the install.

C. Network Options:

If you are on your own network, then restart your router (power off the router for 30 seconds, and then power it pack on). If you are on a public LAN, then try another network.

software update error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.