Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Oura ring step sync

Is it possible to have steps sync into Apple health from my Oura ring? I have it setup so that all the other data from my ring does sync - sleep, mindfulness, heart rate, etc. There isn’t an option to sync steps however. There is an option for ‘activity’ but that does not update steps. The primary reason I bought the ring was because it syncs with Apple health and tracks steps (I can’t carry my phone on me during work and don’t wear anything on my wrists for hygiene reasons. The ring I can clean easily). If steps won’t sync it defeats the purpose. I think this is an update that would have to happen on Apples side because it doesn’t have an option for steps when selecting sync options. Ouras app just has a ‘sync with Apple health’ option that is all or nothing, no individual data selection. Thanks.

iPhone 8

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 8:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2021 2:53 PM

Hello CongaJean,

Thanks for reaching out to us in Apple Support Communities about syncing data from your Oura Ring to Apple Health, we're happy to help by looking into this more! 

According to the Oura website:

With your permission, the Oura app will export and import the following data.

Exported From Oura to Apple Health

• Sleep Analysis  - this includes both in bed and asleep times.

• Active Energy  - the calories you've burned by walking, training, or doing other activities (activity burn), excluding your BMR.

• Respiratory Rate  - average respiratory rate from the night

• Heart Rate*  - average nighttime resting heart rate

• Mindful Minutes  - Presence sessions from Moment

• Weight

• Height

You can read more about this here:

Use Apple Health with Oura – Oura Help

It doesn't look like steps are one of the options that can sync with Apple Health.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2021 2:53 PM in response to CongaJean

Hello CongaJean,

Thanks for reaching out to us in Apple Support Communities about syncing data from your Oura Ring to Apple Health, we're happy to help by looking into this more! 

According to the Oura website:

With your permission, the Oura app will export and import the following data.

Exported From Oura to Apple Health

• Sleep Analysis  - this includes both in bed and asleep times.

• Active Energy  - the calories you've burned by walking, training, or doing other activities (activity burn), excluding your BMR.

• Respiratory Rate  - average respiratory rate from the night

• Heart Rate*  - average nighttime resting heart rate

• Mindful Minutes  - Presence sessions from Moment

• Weight

• Height

You can read more about this here:

Use Apple Health with Oura – Oura Help

It doesn't look like steps are one of the options that can sync with Apple Health.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards.

Oura ring step sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.