Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dial pad doesn't work during phone calls

Dial pad doesn't respond when I'm on a phone call (eg: customer support) and advised to enter some digits. Tried updating to latest iOS and resetting keyboard settings.

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 8, 2021 5:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2021 7:03 AM

@Brittany1416, please find my response below

1. Yes, my keypad responds as expected when I'm not on call.
  2. No error messages
  3. iPhone running on latest iOS 14.4.2
  4. There's no difference even after restarting
  5. Screen responds to touch and I can even see the numbers entered
6 replies

Apr 9, 2021 6:21 AM in response to chandanbv0

Hello chandanbv0,

We understand that the keypad isn't working on calls, and we'd like to look into this with you.

We’d like to ask a few questions to help us get a better understanding of the issue.

1. Does the keypad respond as expected when you're not on a call?
  2. When you attempt to use the keypad while on a call, do you receive any error messages? If so, what does the error say?
  3. You mentioned updating your device; just to confirm is your iPhone running iOS 14.4.2 at this time? Find the software version on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod
  4. Does restarting your device correct the issue temporarily, or is there no change? Restart your iPhone
  5. When this issue happens, does it appear that the screen isn't responding to touch? If so, this page may help: If the screen isn’t working on your iPhone or iPad

Thanks!

Apr 9, 2021 7:36 AM in response to chandanbv0

chandanbv0,

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer those questions for us.

Does this happen with every call, or is the issue intermittent? If the issue happens intermittently, does it seem to happen only on calls to certain numbers/contacts?

When did this issue initially begin? Were any changes made to your device before this occurred? If so, what changes were made?

Also, let's make sure the carrier settings are updated. This page explains how to check for a carrier settings update: Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad

Take care!

Dial pad doesn't work during phone calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.