Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some address book birthday entries not showing in calendar

Hi there,

I just noticed that a few of my address book birthday entries created in my Mac’s address book do not appear in my MacBook’s calendar, however, they do appear in my iPhone’s calendar (iCloud preferences: calendar is using iCloud, address book is not).

(Calendar entries created in my iPhone’s calendar are being instantly synchronized with my MacBook’s calendar – so synchronization basically works.)

For testing purposes I exported single vCards from my address book. Those contacts that do NOT appear in my calendar are being exported as "Kontakt.vcf" (German macOS) and appear to be empty (size 0 Byte, no content when opening with BBEdit. Those contacts that DO appear are being exported as "Kontakt.vcf" "First_name Last_name.vcf" and do contain information as expected.

What is going on here?

I have been using the adress book for many years on a few different machines and mac OS versions. Is there a way to "clean install" my contacts somehow?

(macOS Big Sur 11.2.2., MacBookAir10,1)

Posted on Apr 8, 2021 5:38 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Apr 11, 2021 3:54 PM in response to PRP_53

Thank you for this answer, however 'Show Birthdays Calendar' was already enabled. As the OP said, this is an intermittent problem. Most contacts' birthdays appear in Calendar. Some do not. It appears to be some sort of corruption that only affects certain contacts. The OP also asked if there is a way to fix the contact file. Mine has also been moving forward from one OS version to another and from machine to machine over the years.

Any suggestions for 'cleaning' all contacts without eliminating any data (including all notes)?

Thanks!

Some address book birthday entries not showing in calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.