Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Insert logo in iMovie project over a clip with fade-in and fade-out

Hello,

I would like to know if is possible get what I described in the subject.

I have a movie, made of different clips. The first one is a title (as a clip because of the typing which is property of my Company); over the title, I was asked to put the Company logo "...if possible, we would like to see the logo appearing slowly, from transparent to full color. Is it possible?" (this is what they told me).

And this is my question.

Can somebody help me?

Thank you

Posted on Apr 8, 2021 6:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2021 9:56 AM

Hi,

Yes, you can do a fade in/fade out of a logo that is overlayed onto a title clip.

Put your title clip into the timeline and adjust its duration to desired length by dragging the right edge. Then place your logo in the upper timeline above the title clip. Put your cursor on the logo clip to reveal fade slider handles in the upper left and upper right corners of the clip. Hold down the Option key and drag the upper left slider all the way to the right hand corner. That will impart a fade-in to the logo clip. Now select the logo clip by clicking on it. Then click on the overlay icon (the one that looks like overlapping squares) in the tool box located in the upper right of your screen. In the selection box that appears, choose Picture in Picture. Adjust the size and position of the logo on the preview screen. Click on the blue reset button in the upper right of the project screen (that has a check mark in it) to apply your Picture in Picture settings. Now when you play the timeline it will show the logo fading in slowly to full color on top of the title. Now select the logo clip in the upper timeline and do an Edit/Copy, Edit/Paste of it next to the first logo clip. Reverse the fade of the pasted clip by holding down the Option key and dragging the right hand fade slider over to the left hand corner, the reverse of what you did before. Now when you play the timeline it will show the logo fading in onto the title and then fading out.

-- Rich

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2021 9:56 AM in response to mauriziogerosa

Hi,

Yes, you can do a fade in/fade out of a logo that is overlayed onto a title clip.

Put your title clip into the timeline and adjust its duration to desired length by dragging the right edge. Then place your logo in the upper timeline above the title clip. Put your cursor on the logo clip to reveal fade slider handles in the upper left and upper right corners of the clip. Hold down the Option key and drag the upper left slider all the way to the right hand corner. That will impart a fade-in to the logo clip. Now select the logo clip by clicking on it. Then click on the overlay icon (the one that looks like overlapping squares) in the tool box located in the upper right of your screen. In the selection box that appears, choose Picture in Picture. Adjust the size and position of the logo on the preview screen. Click on the blue reset button in the upper right of the project screen (that has a check mark in it) to apply your Picture in Picture settings. Now when you play the timeline it will show the logo fading in slowly to full color on top of the title. Now select the logo clip in the upper timeline and do an Edit/Copy, Edit/Paste of it next to the first logo clip. Reverse the fade of the pasted clip by holding down the Option key and dragging the right hand fade slider over to the left hand corner, the reverse of what you did before. Now when you play the timeline it will show the logo fading in onto the title and then fading out.

-- Rich

Insert logo in iMovie project over a clip with fade-in and fade-out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.