Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook air screen problem

My M1 MacBook Air has a display problem.

Out of full screen I gat a single random white square which will flash now and then. It is behind the window.

I full screen I get a sidebar type of thing that will appear and then disappear very quickly (too fast to read its text or click on to).

If I am in small screen view and stretch the pane with the pointer I see neither but, get the odd annoying flicker.

Apple support helped me remotely and talked me through a few things including reinstalling Mac OS big sur but the problem persists.

They are arranging for me to send it to them for evaluation.

Has anyone else had this problem with the M1 MacBook Air?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 8, 2021 9:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2021 10:16 AM

If the Computer was Purchased Directly from Apple AND under the 14 Day Return Policy - yes it can be sent back. You will have to Log into your Apple Account >> Purchases and request a Return. If accepted - Apple will Send a Return Package and that is that.

If it is outside of the 14 Day Return Policy - Suggest arranging for the machine to be Evaluated ONLY at an Apple Apple Authorized Service Centre.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2021 10:16 AM in response to EvanNorth

If the Computer was Purchased Directly from Apple AND under the 14 Day Return Policy - yes it can be sent back. You will have to Log into your Apple Account >> Purchases and request a Return. If accepted - Apple will Send a Return Package and that is that.

If it is outside of the 14 Day Return Policy - Suggest arranging for the machine to be Evaluated ONLY at an Apple Apple Authorized Service Centre.

macbook air screen problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.