Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch with Activation Lock

I have an apple watch that has an activation lock on it. I bought it from a resale app so I have no contact information for the previous owner. I do not have a receipt of purchase from apple but I do from the resale app. Is there anyway to get an activation lock turned off without speaking to the previous owner or having a purchase receipt? Is there a way to contact the previous owner through their apple ID that is on the apple watches? Please help, I have a perfectly good apple watch that is locked and not being used:((

Apple Watch

Posted on Apr 8, 2021 10:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2021 12:09 PM

The answer is no to all your questions. Activation lock is an anti-theft feature that cannot be bypassed. If the previous owner cannot or will not remove the lock then the watch is useless to you or anyone else. Try to get a refund or dispose of the watch properly. In the future, if you are going to buy a used watch, read this:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2021 12:09 PM in response to bmt-2003

The answer is no to all your questions. Activation lock is an anti-theft feature that cannot be bypassed. If the previous owner cannot or will not remove the lock then the watch is useless to you or anyone else. Try to get a refund or dispose of the watch properly. In the future, if you are going to buy a used watch, read this:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support

Apple Watch with Activation Lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.