Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I download windows 10 to my MacBook Pro?

how can I download windows 10 to my MacBook Pro? I have been trying for weeks but im not able to do it.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 8, 2021 1:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2021 6:00 PM

Hi aydin_flores,

As mentioned by BobTheFisherman, you cannot dual-boot Windows on your MacBook Pro (M1). This is due to the underlying architecture that the M1 chip uses.

Unlike most computers, the M1 chip uses the ARM architecture, which runs differently than the typical Intel/AMD x86 (or x86_64) architecture. They use different underlying instructions, so ARM applications can't run on x86 systems, and vice versa.

To help with this issue, Apple added Rosetta 2 into macOS Big Sur. If you've installed x86 apps onto your Mac, Rosetta 2 silently translates them into ARM apps that the M1 chip can understand. This translation only happens with Mac applications.

Unfortunately, Microsoft only allows consumers to purchase the x86 (Intel/AMD) version of Windows. The ARM version of Windows isn't publicly available for purchase, which means that Boot Camp Assistant can't install Windows onto your Mac.

However... Windows on ARM is available as a Windows Insider Preview. If you have a Microsoft account and are signed up as a Windows Insider, you can download the ARM version of Windows here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewARM64

Once you have downloaded the ISO, you can install it in a virtual machine manager such as Parallels Desktop.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2021 6:00 PM in response to aydin_flores

Hi aydin_flores,

As mentioned by BobTheFisherman, you cannot dual-boot Windows on your MacBook Pro (M1). This is due to the underlying architecture that the M1 chip uses.

Unlike most computers, the M1 chip uses the ARM architecture, which runs differently than the typical Intel/AMD x86 (or x86_64) architecture. They use different underlying instructions, so ARM applications can't run on x86 systems, and vice versa.

To help with this issue, Apple added Rosetta 2 into macOS Big Sur. If you've installed x86 apps onto your Mac, Rosetta 2 silently translates them into ARM apps that the M1 chip can understand. This translation only happens with Mac applications.

Unfortunately, Microsoft only allows consumers to purchase the x86 (Intel/AMD) version of Windows. The ARM version of Windows isn't publicly available for purchase, which means that Boot Camp Assistant can't install Windows onto your Mac.

However... Windows on ARM is available as a Windows Insider Preview. If you have a Microsoft account and are signed up as a Windows Insider, you can download the ARM version of Windows here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewARM64

Once you have downloaded the ISO, you can install it in a virtual machine manager such as Parallels Desktop.

how can I download windows 10 to my MacBook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.