Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

random intermittent audio on iMac

This is a brand new iMac and it works beautifully and as expected EXCEPT that it will often play random AND intermittent audio. It could be music or an advertisement, literally anything.

I have gone through the process of looking at each open browser window (Safari and Firefox) finding nothing. Next logical step was to close all the running programs (while this random intermittent audio was happening).

I even tried checking Activity Monitor to see what might be happening but, using all of the search terms i could think of related to 'audio' i found nothing.

Needless to say, this is hugely frustrating when i am in a Zoom meeting with a client.

Any help with this would be most appreciated. My computer details are below.

...john...

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac20,2

Processor Name: 8-Core Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 3.8 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 8

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 16 MB

Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled

Memory: 32 GB

Boot ROM Version: 1554.80.3.0.0 (iBridge: 18.16.14346.0.0,0)

Serial Number (system): H4***N7C

Activation Lock Status: Disabled

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 9, 2021 10:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2021 10:27 AM

I suspect the sound is coming from web pages that you have open that may have audio playing. You may find the following useful:

https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/mute-audio-in-tabs-ibrwae910b47/mac#:~:text=Mute%20all%20audio%3A%20If%20you,tab%20in%20the%20tab%20bar.

1 reply

random intermittent audio on iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.