Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Billing address is wrong

How do I change the billing address that is on my Receipts? When I go into Apple Pay on my iPhone the billing address is correct but the Receipts I’m receiving in my email has a different billing address.

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 9, 2021 11:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2021 4:37 PM

Ok I still have the same issue, this is very confusing...

If I go to the website: https://appleid.apple.com/account/manage

In payment and shipping I see my old address as Billing Address and my new address as Shipping Address. The billing address is grayed out and I cannot update it.

On my phone if I go to the wallet app and tap the apple card and then the ellipsis in the to right corner for the card details. If I scroll down to Billing Address I see my new address and I can edit. However it is already the new address...

This is inconsistent!

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2021 4:37 PM in response to Serginho

Ok I still have the same issue, this is very confusing...

If I go to the website: https://appleid.apple.com/account/manage

In payment and shipping I see my old address as Billing Address and my new address as Shipping Address. The billing address is grayed out and I cannot update it.

On my phone if I go to the wallet app and tap the apple card and then the ellipsis in the to right corner for the card details. If I scroll down to Billing Address I see my new address and I can edit. However it is already the new address...

This is inconsistent!

Apr 9, 2021 1:05 PM in response to calvena128

Start by going through these steps

Address changes

on iPhone

1. Go to settings>Wallet & Apple Pay>transaction defaults>address - update as needed
  2. Go to Wallet app>tap on any card>tap three dots in corner>tap address - edit as needed for all cards
  3. Go to settings>Apple ID (your name at the top)>payment & shipping>address - edit as needed.

on Mac

open Music>select iTunes Store on the left menu>go to the bottom where it says account>sign in>address - change as needed.

on PC

open iTunes and the rest of the instructions should be the same as for Mac.

Apr 27, 2021 4:43 AM in response to askbarnabas

askbarnabas wrote:

on iPhone
1. Go to settings>Wallet & Apple Pay>transaction defaults>address - update as needed
2. Go to Wallet app>tap on any card>tap three dots in corner>tap address - edit as needed for all cards
3. Go to settings>Apple ID (your name at the top)>payment & shipping>address - edit as needed.

Option 1 allows you to change the Shipping Address only (IOS 14.5).

Option 2 allows you to change the Billing Address only, but you need to set it for each card one-by-one.

What is really curious is that I have changed job recently, and the address that Wallet defaulted to was my brand new work address! Crazy! So, without actually setting a Billing Address, who knows what Apple Pay might be using (and revealing) to merchants.

It would be helpful to have the option to set both Shipping and Billing Address defaults using the Option 1 method. How odd not to default to Home for billing...perhaps Wallet/Pay should pose this question during set up.

Anyway, problem solved (for the time being at least). :-) Thank you, @askbarnabas!

Billing address is wrong

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.