Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Remote

Why does my Apple TV remote keep disconnecting. Sometimes some functions work and then nothing. I end up having to use my phone. :-( Nothing has change in placement of other equipment.

Posted on Apr 9, 2021 3:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 7:49 AM

The remote works through bluetooth. That mean that other (electrical) equipment could interfere with the signal, and having the Apple TV partially surrounded by metal could weaken the signal that it receives.

If those issues do not apply, then contact the reseller or Apple, as you warranty promises working equipment (when properly used). Apple Complimentary Support - Official Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2021 7:49 AM in response to teresita88

The remote works through bluetooth. That mean that other (electrical) equipment could interfere with the signal, and having the Apple TV partially surrounded by metal could weaken the signal that it receives.

If those issues do not apply, then contact the reseller or Apple, as you warranty promises working equipment (when properly used). Apple Complimentary Support - Official Apple Support

Apr 10, 2021 4:07 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Hi,

The TV model number is HD A1625 the Remote is A1962

When I use my phone to go to remote and devices it shows that the remote is not connected and the only option it gives is to unpair the remote. Also, the remote works intermittently, example if I press menu it works, but then does not work for the next function. On the Apple TV menu I can see the remote go from connected to not connected without touching the remote. The remote is fully charged. I have only had since March 5th.

Apple TV Remote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.