Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple froze my iPhone 8 when I changed carriers..They won't accept my password and now there is an activation lock on my phone. Apple says I can have access to my phone in 27 days. WTF kind of service is that? Any ideas?

Apple put an activation lock on my iPhone 8 when I changed carriers. They say I won't be able to use it for 3 weeks. Any way to speed that up. How long does it take to prove I an me?

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 9, 2021 3:02 PM

6 replies

Apr 9, 2021 8:17 PM in response to profruit

Thanks, but Apple didn’t do this. You did by turning on Find My which can only be turned on from the device itself.

It sounds like you have started account recovery for two factor authentication Apple ID’s.

Account recovery is a two phase process once started. Phase 1 is the evaluation period, usually 24-48 hours but can be longer or shorter. Once phase 1 is done it enters phase 2 where iforgot.apple.com will give you the final amount of days (can be weeks) you’ll wait. On that final day you’ll get a text, follow that text immediately.

It sounds like you are in phase 2. You’ve just got to wait it out as it is an automated process per https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204921

Apple froze my iPhone 8 when I changed carriers..They won't accept my password and now there is an activation lock on my phone. Apple says I can have access to my phone in 27 days. WTF kind of service is that? Any ideas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.