Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Manually manage podcasts downloaded to Apple Watch

I recently got a Series 3 Apple Watch, and I'd like to use it to listen to podcasts while I run.

Desired behavior:

• Manually manage the episodes that are downloaded to my watch. I can do this on my phone by pressing the "+" button next to a given episode, and then the "cloud" button. But there doesn't seem to be a way to do this on the watch.

My watch is synced to my iPhone, and I have the option of selecting either:

• Up Next, which will download the episode that my phone thinks is "up next" for up to 10 podcasts, or
  • Custom, which will download as many episodes as possible for shows that I select.

Is there any way I can just manually pick the episodes I want downloaded to my watch, instead of Apple trying to figure this out for me? Or, if not, how can I view the episodes that are currently downloaded on the watch?

Thanks!

Posted on Apr 9, 2021 8:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 12:18 PM

Never mind, I answered my own question: use Overcast instead. https://overcast.fm/

Similar questions

1 reply

Manually manage podcasts downloaded to Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.