Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcasts on Apple Watch: Getting the latest episodes

Hi,

I am trying to get my watch to sync the latest podcast episodes I have selected on my iphone (Iphone>watch app>podcasts>custom...then I selected all the shows I want to sync).

The watch does sync the selected shows, but NOT the latest episodes (which is what I want).

It seems to get tripped up if I listen to part of an older episode downloaded onto my watch. Here's an example: a podcast I listen to has released episodes on the following dates: 5/4, 4/27, 4/20 and 4/13. The 5/4 episode is not on my watch as a download (despite the fact that today is 5/7 and I've sync'd multiple times since then). But the other 3 are. I think this is because I'm half way through the 4/13 episode - which is why I say the sync gets "tripped up" - it doesn't want to remove that episode until I'm done - which I dont care about).

So again: How can I get the latest podcast episodes to sync?

If there is no other option: I'm thinking maybe I can completely remove all podcasts from my watch every so often and resync - does anyone know the best/fastest way to do this?

Thanks,

Max

Apple Watch SE

Posted on May 7, 2022 8:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2022 8:37 PM

Update: my podcast app actually got worse and would crash within 10seconds of opening it.

I called apple support and they were able to resolve the issue by unpairing/wiping my apple watch.

Thank you for your response - issue is resolved for now.

Similar questions

2 replies

May 8, 2022 9:17 AM in response to maxemoose

Hello maxemoose,

Thanks for your post to Apple Support Communities. We understand you have an unusual issue with a specific podcast episode not properly syncing to your Apple Watch. Let's go through a few items that might help.

First, does that specific episode sync (download) to your iPhone without issue? We want to rule out the episode versus your device.

We'd also recommend making sure both your iPhone and Apple Watch OS versions are fully updated, then restart both devices:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Let us know how it goes.

Take care.

Podcasts on Apple Watch: Getting the latest episodes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.