Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcasts stop playing on Watch Series 4

At the gym, I can't get a podcast episode to play all the way through. I'm using my Watch series 4 (cellular connection) without an iOS device, and, yes, I have subscribed to the podcast on my phone (the only podcast I subscribe to). So the podcast episode should just play, but it keeps stopping, as if the watch has run out of buffering space.

Also, the Watch does not play podcasts in order -- especially if the podcast has multiple seasons or "bonus episodes" that I don't want to hear (special episodes featuring listeners asking questions--no thanks). Is there a way to eliminate old or bonus episodes that I NEVER want to listen to? Seems like the Podcasts app wants to force me to listen to everything in some weird abstract order, and then when I choose my own order (to skip the extraneous content/season 1 episodes), the episode I need has not been loaded onto the watch.

I really need a way to manually choose which episodes appear on my watch -- to eliminate the stuff I don't care about.

Apple Watch

Posted on May 6, 2019 6:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2019 6:49 PM

Make sure that you are syncing the podcasts to the Apple Watch as indicated in this support document, Listen to music and podcasts on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Similar questions

4 replies

Podcasts stop playing on Watch Series 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.