Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad charger cord

How often does one have to keep replacing the charger for a relatively new iPad? How can I get a replacement for this item

iPad Air, iOS 11

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 3:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 3:49 AM

Your Power Adapter should be serviceable for many years - as with any electronic device. Cables and connectors require some care to avoid damage - but again, if handled appropriately, cables should last for many years.

Speaking of personal experience, I have never had to replace either a Power Adapter or cable. Others, who perhaps exercise less careful handling, find it necessary to replace cables as they become damaged - through wear-and-tear, repeated tight coiling/bending/folding of the cable etc.

Original equipment Apple Power Adapters and cables are readily available from Apple Stores, the online Apple Store and Apple Authorised Retailers. Third-party items are similarly available from reputable computer equipment retailers; if purchasing non-OEM, you would be well advised to seek good quality items from manufacturers that are “MFI” certified, such as Anker, Mophie etc.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2021 3:49 AM in response to hirell

Your Power Adapter should be serviceable for many years - as with any electronic device. Cables and connectors require some care to avoid damage - but again, if handled appropriately, cables should last for many years.

Speaking of personal experience, I have never had to replace either a Power Adapter or cable. Others, who perhaps exercise less careful handling, find it necessary to replace cables as they become damaged - through wear-and-tear, repeated tight coiling/bending/folding of the cable etc.

Original equipment Apple Power Adapters and cables are readily available from Apple Stores, the online Apple Store and Apple Authorised Retailers. Third-party items are similarly available from reputable computer equipment retailers; if purchasing non-OEM, you would be well advised to seek good quality items from manufacturers that are “MFI” certified, such as Anker, Mophie etc.

iPad charger cord

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.