Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting rid of "Password Incorrect-Enter the password for the Exchange account "Exchange" " pop up on my iPhone

Has anyone found a work around to get rid of this constant annoyance? I only get this notification on my iPhone. I do not use the mail app ever on my iPhone ( I only use gmail).

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 7:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 8:25 AM

Go to Settings/General and scroll to the bottom. Look just below VPN. Do you see either “Profiles” or “Device Management”? If you do tap on it. If there is a company or school security profile it is responsible for the message.

8 replies

Apr 10, 2021 10:43 AM in response to Isusie

MS Exchange is the email component of Microsoft Office 365 and its predecessors. At one time Google offered it as part of their paid enterprise services package. It is also the most widely used corporate mail server in the world. If you ever had a company email account that is where it came from.

If you use the gmail app for your mail you don’t need the gmail account in Mail settings, but it doesn’t do any harm to have it there. Your gmail will appear in the Apple mail app if you set it up in Settings/Mail/Accounts.

Getting rid of "Password Incorrect-Enter the password for the Exchange account "Exchange" " pop up on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.