Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur not honoring mouse prefs

Upgraded to Big Sur this morning… all seems fairly normal barring the differences in the OS…

That said, my mouse prefs are not being honored. I changed them, rebooted. I deleted the preference files in a few recommended libraries, restarted, no change. About to reset NVRAM and of course will restart, again.

After that I need to get on with my day, so I thought I'd post the question here to see if anyone has any additional ideas I can try in case the NVRAM thing doesn't work out. I will check in later to report on my progress.

In particular, it won't keep my preferred scrolling direction, nor tracking speed. It seems like the mouse scrolls differently between apps as well. The finder windows seem to be honoring, but anywhere there are scroll bars it's the opposite.

This is most annoying. (Why isn't the natural scroll direction the default, since it's, um, natural?)

Thoughts, oh smart people? Please and thanks!

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 7:54 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Apr 11, 2021 7:17 AM in response to Dina

Nope, not a brain fart. I restarted and all the mouse prefs went back to what they were before I changed them. I guess eventually I would get used to it… but it seems like so much is locked down without user choices in this OS, not sure I like having so many decisions made for me.

Maybe there's something in the Accessibility panel that will affect these things? Even though it's a work computer and much is locked down, they don't restrict the user from choosing their own preferences.

Big Sur not honoring mouse prefs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.