Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mouse scroll wheel stopped working in macOS 11.4

I just upgraded my iMac to Big Sur 11.4, and the scroll wheel on my mouse has stopped working completely. I was on Big Sur 11.3.1 before, and it was working fine.

I do use USB Overdrive to make some of the extra buttons work, but even if I remove this and restart the computer, it doesn't work. Interestingly, USB Overdrive does register "Mouse Up" and "Mouse Down" events in the preferences pane, so it seems like the signal from the mouse is working okay.

I've also tried reseting PRAM/NVRAM and SMC, doesn't help.

Any other suggestions?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on May 25, 2021 7:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2021 12:30 PM

FYI - I saw a thread on Reddit with others having the same issue. I installed USB Overdrive and the scrolling now works as expected.

macOS Big Sur 11.4 Release Megathread : MacOS (reddit.com)

USB Overdrive – Take full advantage of any USB or Bluetooth mouse, keyboard, trackball, joystick or gamepad.

Similar questions

8 replies

Mouse scroll wheel stopped working in macOS 11.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.