Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone XSMax got stuck with progress bar and apple logo while updating from ios 13 to ios 14

I was updating my iphone XsMax from ios 13 to ios 14 through my mac book itunes , After some some it giving a progress-bar with apple logo and got stuck there .What are the steps i tred

1. Connected the phone to itune running on macbook the phone is not detected by the itune app
  2. tried to force restart the phone by pressing the volume up button then quickly released it and pressed volume down button then released it and hold the power button to wait phone reboot , but it seems not working
  3. tried same step by connecting the cable to mac book where itunes was running.

Here i have attached the screen shots

iPhone XS Max, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 8:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2021 6:04 AM

Yeah.. Finally I found the solution

After 8 hours of marathon & studied a lots of articles and video & taking with apple supports nothing helped me (:

Finally one Comment on an youtube video suggested

1. Leave the phone idle till the battery get completely drained , it took me around 15 hour to get the phone battery drain
  2. Then i connected the phone to charge then the magic happen now :) i can see the below picture which was suggesting to connect the phone to itune that was running on mac .
  3. I connected the phone into my mac which running itunes it gave me below pop on itunes
  4. Then i pressed update my phone got updated to ios 14 yayyyy
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2021 6:04 AM in response to abhijit260

Yeah.. Finally I found the solution

After 8 hours of marathon & studied a lots of articles and video & taking with apple supports nothing helped me (:

Finally one Comment on an youtube video suggested

1. Leave the phone idle till the battery get completely drained , it took me around 15 hour to get the phone battery drain
  2. Then i connected the phone to charge then the magic happen now :) i can see the below picture which was suggesting to connect the phone to itune that was running on mac .
  3. I connected the phone into my mac which running itunes it gave me below pop on itunes
  4. Then i pressed update my phone got updated to ios 14 yayyyy

Iphone XSMax got stuck with progress bar and apple logo while updating from ios 13 to ios 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.