Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My M1 Macbook Air won't work with the lid closed with Samsung C49RG9 but works fine with LC49G9

Hey everyone! I have two Samsung 49" monitors - the 120Hz and 220Hz models (C49RG9x and LC49G9x) and am experiencing issues with the C49 connected to an M1 Macbook Air with a DVI to USB-C cable.

The M1 Macbook Air I connected to the LC49 closed wakes the monitor and everything works as expected.

When connected to the C49 the monitor recognizes something is connected and the screen comes on to the right input but then a second later goes away. If I open the lid on the Macbook, the screen comes on and I get a dual monitor setup - two desktops - full resolution on both screens. When I change to mirror screens, it also works as expected. If I then closed the lid, I lose the monitor and again - I can tell the screen is on and it recognizes the input but no display.

Would love any thoughts on what I can try to solve. I cannot find anything on the Samsung website and both monitors are in the same family so I am assuming this is a settings thing?

Note* - My previous Intel Macbook Air on the C49 monitor worked as expected. ie. plug in closed, wakes the monitor and display is perfect.

Thanks!

Joe

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 8:37 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

My M1 Macbook Air won't work with the lid closed with Samsung C49RG9 but works fine with LC49G9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.