Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage notification preview on iMessage showing numbers instead contact information

iCloud turned on and notification set up all on in my Mac mini with Big Sur... but every time I received a message, it shows a phone number instead of how I saved in my contacts... anyone help me resolve this issue?

thanks much

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 8:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2021 10:23 AM

Wooky,

Thanks for those details.

If you turn off the notifications for Messages, restart your Mac mini, then enable it again, do you notice the same issue?

Also, restart your Mac in safe mode, and test for the issue there: How to use safe mode on your Mac

Cheers!

Similar questions

7 replies

Apr 11, 2021 8:48 AM in response to Wooky

Hi there Wooky,

We understand you're not seeing contact names for incoming message notifications on your Mac mini, and we'd like to see if we can assist.

Do you see the contact names as expected within the Messages app, or do you only see the phone number listed there as well?

Also, to confirm, if you head to Messages > Preferences > iMessage, do you see your Apple ID information there?

Finally, in the Contacts app on your Mac mini, are your contacts all present there?

Thanks!

iMessage notification preview on iMessage showing numbers instead contact information

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.