Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some Text Message Notifications Not Displayed on iPhone 7 Plus Lock Screen

I have an iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 14.4.2. I receive notifications on my locked screen when people send me text messages however when my sister sends text messages from her iphone 8 running iOS 14.4.2 I do not receive any notifications on my locked screen.

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 10:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 4:40 PM

Thanks for your help. The issue was that I had inadvertently enabled "Hide Alerts" for my sister's messages. The setting is accessed under the info icon under the sender's avatar or picture on any of their text messages.

3 replies

Apr 12, 2021 8:14 AM in response to jamesparker001

Hi jamesparker001,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having an issue with receiving notifications from your sister when she sends a text message. We'd like to help.

Have you ever been able to receive notifications from your sister when she sends a message? Do you receive the text message successfully even though you aren't seeing the notification on the Lock Screen? If your iPhone is unlocked, do you see notifications from your sister?

Have you checked this resource on how to Change notification settings on iPhone? Does that help?

Have you accidentally blocked your sister's contact information? Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch Check to see if that is causing this issue.

Let us know how that goes.

Take care!

Some Text Message Notifications Not Displayed on iPhone 7 Plus Lock Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.