Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad air 3 screen cracked by itself

My iPad air 3 screen cracked without hit or drop or any external factors.

The day it cracked that afternoon I was using it with apple fitness plus to do exercise. That time everything was still fine. Later evening I opened the screen protect cover saw a hairline. In the beginning I thought was hair on the screen tried to get rid of it. Then I found out the screen cracked! I even didn't know how did it happen?! It's just cracked! Unbelievable! Then I started to check with apple support if I can repair the screen. Turned out my iPad warranty was expired. I don't know if I should repair the screen if it would cost me a new iPad price. I just wonder how could the screen crack by itself? Is it supposed to be apple quality issue? And if apple has this issue why I have to pay for repair fee! I suggest Apple should take a good look of this screen cracked issue.

iPad Air 3, iPadOS 14

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 10:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 1:33 PM

You will need to make an appointment at the nearest Apple Store for an evaluation and explanation of your options...

https://www.apple.com/retail/

3 replies

ipad air 3 screen cracked by itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.