Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homepod mini not registering as home hub..

How can I troubleshoot a Homepod mini not registering as home hub or allowing any automation or remote access as a result.

I have already reset and even deleted My home and started with the mini as the first accessory.

HomePod mini, 14

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 3:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 9:17 PM

If your home hub isn't working as expected

Set up your HomePod, HomePod mini, Apple TV, or iPad as a home hub - Apple Support

Makes sure the device you’re viewing Home App in is up to date. The home app can be deleted and reinstalled but it asks you to remove .HomePod first (same as a Reset). Otherwise close the app before viewing it again, restart your device

You should be seeing this, it’s in Hubs & Bridges:

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2021 9:17 PM in response to ejairam

If your home hub isn't working as expected

Set up your HomePod, HomePod mini, Apple TV, or iPad as a home hub - Apple Support

Makes sure the device you’re viewing Home App in is up to date. The home app can be deleted and reinstalled but it asks you to remove .HomePod first (same as a Reset). Otherwise close the app before viewing it again, restart your device

You should be seeing this, it’s in Hubs & Bridges:

Apr 11, 2021 10:53 AM in response to turingtest2

I did this too..

Entered my Serial# to initiate the Apple support and the next step was disappointing to say the least.

The context menu was functionally asking me to select my (cell)mobile carrier and linked to their website.

Absolutely nothing related to the Homepod itself.

The level of actual support for the Home/Homepod family is abysmal.

EJ

Apr 12, 2021 6:47 AM in response to Vancouver22

Thanks for the feedback.

I have been able to setup the Mini through the normal process. It shows up in the Home app, and I can access it from there without issue.

It does not show up as a Home hub and it does not allow me to access the Automation menu or Remote access.

Have tried to reset it, remove it and start afresh with a new home, but I am yet to have any success in the mini functioning as a hub or allowing remote access or Automation.

I am signed in with my iCloud and the mini does appear there as a device, currently updated to v14.4.

Not sure where else to seek assistance as there are no service centers remotely near my location.

I specifically bought the mini for these functions and am not sure if this is a common problem that is being worked on.

Homepod mini not registering as home hub..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.