Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod mini

My HomePod mini won't finish configuring. I have gotten a new home pod mini and it still won't set up correctly on my phone. I have restarted it a bunch of times and it still isn't working. I thought maybe it was my wifi so i tried on another network and it still doesn't work. I know it isn't the HomePod because I connected it to my friends phone and it worked.

Posted on Nov 10, 2022 8:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 12:02 AM

After connecting it to your friends phone, is it now signed into their Apple ID, their Home App and their wifi? It needs to be on your Apple ID and on the same home wifi network your iPhone is on.

You might try resetting HomePod now so you can start from scratch setting it up and to erase your friends data.

Press the top of HomePod to reset it

Start by plugging it in, then:

1. Unplug HomePod or unplug the power adapter for HomePod mini. Wait 10 seconds, then plug HomePod back in.
  2. Wait 10 seconds, then touch your finger to the top of HomePod and hold it there.
  3. The white spinning light will turn red. Keep your finger down. 
  4. Siri will say that your HomePod is about to reset. When you hear three beeps, you can lift your finger

After it’s been reset try setting it up again

First update your iPhone to 16.1

Bluetooth and Keychain need to be enabled on your iPhone.

Follow the instructions here:

Set up and use HomePod mini and HomePod - Apple Support

See: If you can't set up HomePod mini or HomePod if you’re having trouble setting it up

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2022 12:02 AM in response to larabar426

After connecting it to your friends phone, is it now signed into their Apple ID, their Home App and their wifi? It needs to be on your Apple ID and on the same home wifi network your iPhone is on.

You might try resetting HomePod now so you can start from scratch setting it up and to erase your friends data.

Press the top of HomePod to reset it

Start by plugging it in, then:

1. Unplug HomePod or unplug the power adapter for HomePod mini. Wait 10 seconds, then plug HomePod back in.
  2. Wait 10 seconds, then touch your finger to the top of HomePod and hold it there.
  3. The white spinning light will turn red. Keep your finger down. 
  4. Siri will say that your HomePod is about to reset. When you hear three beeps, you can lift your finger

After it’s been reset try setting it up again

First update your iPhone to 16.1

Bluetooth and Keychain need to be enabled on your iPhone.

Follow the instructions here:

Set up and use HomePod mini and HomePod - Apple Support

See: If you can't set up HomePod mini or HomePod if you’re having trouble setting it up

Nov 11, 2022 12:11 AM in response to Vancouver22

I removed all the data from my friends phone and restarted the HomePod. I think there is like an iCloud glitch because the home app on my MacBook pro is stuck on "loading accessories and scenes". My phone, iPad and mac all have the latest software, have the keychain on and the home app on. The HomePod works for basic things but it is not recognizing me or my location. It stops configuring half way

HomePod mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.