Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reinstalling Mac OS X on 2014 Mac Book Air

i have erased my hard drive ready for sale and when I follow the onstructions for reinstalling Mac OS I get “OS X could not be installed on your computer” error message. I have tried restarting with shift option command R to start in internet recovery mode, reset the PRAM but still no joy

Posted on Apr 11, 2021 12:53 AM

3 replies

Apr 12, 2021 11:28 AM in response to Calvin_Calvinstein

Hello Calvin_Calvinstein, Thanks for reaching out to us for support. We would love to help you. Just to make sure that we are on the same page, are you trying to get your Mac ready so that you can sell it? If so, please give the steps in the link below a try.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac

The reason we ask you to give the steps above a try is because they can potentially resolve your issue. Also, if you scroll to the bottom of the page, you'll also find guidance on how to reinstall the operating system on your Mac as well.

If you’re still experiencing the same problem after completing the steps above, please do not hesitate to reach back out to us so that we can continue troubleshooting with you. Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

Reinstalling Mac OS X on 2014 Mac Book Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.