Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic pro x audio drops out when punching record in/out, Macbook M1

Hi, Can anyone help me solving an annoying issue with logic on my new Macbook pro M1, Big Sur?

In logic (and garageband) when activating (toggling) record on an audio track all audio from other tracks drops out for 1-2 seconds. I have been going through all audio settings and have been testing with both built-in and an external soundcard (RME). I also have Cubase (10.0) running on the same machine, and it works fine. Actually I bought Logic along with the M1 macbook pro expecting that it would run far smoother than Cubase...

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Apr 11, 2021 6:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2021 8:38 AM

Why are you using punch in instead of creating a duplicate track (or similar, many options) and record there?

Similar questions

2 replies

Logic pro x audio drops out when punching record in/out, Macbook M1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.