Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud account maintenance

I am unable to log into iCloud. I get the message "iCloud encountered an error while trying to connect to the server". I called support and they determined my iCloud account is under maintenance. They were unable to tell me how long the issue would last. It has currently been 3 days with no access to iCloud (back ups / location services etc). Anyone had this issue was able to get it resolved? How did you resolve and how long did it take?

Posted on Apr 11, 2021 7:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2021 2:35 AM

Same problem here, Noticed on friday april 9th my phone wouldn't get iCloud email anymore "account error" . I can't log into iCloud anymore with the same error, i can't access file on my iCloud drive either. I signed out of my iPhone iCloud and logged back in and my iCloud drive is empty and notes are missing on my phone now. My mac still has those items but i can't get iCloud mail, iCloud drive or log into iCloud for 6 days now.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2021 2:35 AM in response to dsds101

Same problem here, Noticed on friday april 9th my phone wouldn't get iCloud email anymore "account error" . I can't log into iCloud anymore with the same error, i can't access file on my iCloud drive either. I signed out of my iPhone iCloud and logged back in and my iCloud drive is empty and notes are missing on my phone now. My mac still has those items but i can't get iCloud mail, iCloud drive or log into iCloud for 6 days now.

Apr 18, 2021 6:31 PM in response to sage1973

Same here! And with no warning from Apple in advance about their planned “maintenance.” Its reportedly specific to whatever server your account is connected to. Support and ‘senior advisers’ claim their lack of notice is ‘because this is infrequent.’ It’s a pandemic; many are working from home. I am unable to work (and won’t be paid) without my mail access and have high-risk clients who have sent emails. Terrible & complete lack of accountability.

Apr 18, 2021 6:41 PM in response to MicheleC24

Michele, how long has yours been down for? Are you able to login into iCloud.com from a web browser, I can’t but the rest of my family can , so yes my account is linked to a server that’s offline.

What’s troubling is if you send an mail to your iCloud account from another email service you get it bounced back saying the mail gateway is unavailable, so any mail that was sent to you during won’t be delivered and will be lost it seems.

Apr 18, 2021 7:07 PM in response to sage1973

Hi Sage,

Mine seems to have started late last night, so I'm only on Day 2. Like you, I also can not log on through a web browser. So strange that the rest of your family can log in and your account is on a different server! I called friends who told me their iCloud access was fine. Support claimed, 'It's the engineers who run account maintenance. It's very infrequent that you would even notice it.' Not sure why any of that is relevant! I was trying to submit a ticket through support, spent about an hour, and got disconnected - twice. But just heard a voicemail reporting they were also sending me an email with my case number to follow up. If only I could get my email…anyway, will try again tomorrow. Best wishes with yours! I hope it's resolved soon - and am grateful for your post/reply!

iCloud account maintenance

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.