Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TVHD

I am trying to set up a new appletvHD on my sameung smart tv

it turns on but no menu appears

is there a way to reset the tv from the remote only if you cannot get to the onscreen settings?

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Apr 11, 2021 8:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2021 7:04 PM

floating window

That would be “Conference Room Display”. To get out of that screen, you would normally use the Menu button on the Apple remote. Then turn that feature off in Settings﹥AirPlay﹥Conference Room Display﹥Off.

If that doesn’t work, then the device may be locked in that state by a previous owner using a device profile, or other restriction. Please contact Apple Support about not being able to get out of Conference Room Display. They will know how to proceed.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2021 7:04 PM in response to Cas65

floating window

That would be “Conference Room Display”. To get out of that screen, you would normally use the Menu button on the Apple remote. Then turn that feature off in Settings﹥AirPlay﹥Conference Room Display﹥Off.

If that doesn’t work, then the device may be locked in that state by a previous owner using a device profile, or other restriction. Please contact Apple Support about not being able to get out of Conference Room Display. They will know how to proceed.

Apr 11, 2021 2:02 PM in response to Urquhart1244

When it turns on I have a floating window that tells me how to do screensharing on the apple tv (which works and I can share my ipad or phone onto the screen.) when I click the home button or the menu button nothing comes up. When I hold down the menu button with the play button I get a chance to choose apple tv or the apple TV named by the code of my particular unit. Selecting either of them goes nowhere and no menu screen of apps ever appears. I am ready to return this thing. I have used apple Tv in my classroom and at home in the original versions and the new tv4 for over 5 years and was looking forward to upgrading my home model when I got a new smart tv- but this is the pits!! I KNOW it should work much more easily than it is.

Apple TVHD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.