Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

menu not showing on second monitor

I am using a LG 27" (27UD69P) monitor (3840x2160) mirroring my 2017 15" MacBook Pro running Big Sur 11.2.3. I am using a HP 21" (2159S) as my second monitor (1920x1080) set as an extended desktop. The menu is not showing on the second monitor. If I click my mouse at the top of the screen, the menu items will pop up. I searched for an answer and called Apple. The technician exhausted her knowledge level and referred me to a second level technician to no avail. I am thinking a resolution issue but I have not been able to fix it. Both monitors are set to their default display resolution. My graphics card is a Radeon Pro 560 4 GB, Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB. Any ideas how to fix this issue? Not exactly a low end MacBook Pro in 2017. Thank you!

Posted on Apr 11, 2021 9:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2021 9:51 AM

The answer is right on this page:

in Extended desktop, the display that is the "Primary" display holds the Menubar.

To change which one that is, drag the tiny white menubar icon to a different display.

1 reply

menu not showing on second monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.