Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Access screenshots in iPhone's 'Files' on Mac

How do I see [screenshots that are in the Files section only of my phone] on my computer? They don't show up in Finder when my phone is connected.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Apr 11, 2021 9:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2021 12:40 PM

If your MacBook is connected to the same Apple ID as your iPhone then you should be able to see your iCloud Drive in the Finder.

If you have screenshots in the Files app, it could indicate that you have saved them locally on your iPhone, and NOT in iCloud Drive.

To move the file from the internal storage on iPhone to iCloud:

On your iPhone, open the Files app and find your Screenshots. Long press on the file, select "Move" and choose to move it to iCloud Drive.

Now you will be able to find the screen in Finder, under iCloud Drive and the folder you have chosen to save it in.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2021 12:40 PM in response to e1150

If your MacBook is connected to the same Apple ID as your iPhone then you should be able to see your iCloud Drive in the Finder.

If you have screenshots in the Files app, it could indicate that you have saved them locally on your iPhone, and NOT in iCloud Drive.

To move the file from the internal storage on iPhone to iCloud:

On your iPhone, open the Files app and find your Screenshots. Long press on the file, select "Move" and choose to move it to iCloud Drive.

Now you will be able to find the screen in Finder, under iCloud Drive and the folder you have chosen to save it in.

Access screenshots in iPhone's 'Files' on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.