Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I upgrade my Apple Music to the family sharing options will my kids all music plan auto convert over to that

If I upgrade my Apple Music to the family sharing option will my kids all music plan auto convert over to that? I don’t want to find myself paying for the family plan and have apple still take out money for their individual plans.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 11, 2021 12:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2021 1:49 PM

Click on this link and read about 'Get an Apple Music Family subscription" --> https://support.apple.com/HT205595

"If someone in the family group already has an individual or student subscription to Apple Music, renewal of that subscription is automatically canceled when they join the family group."

However, your children are already in Family Sharing. The above might apply to them too but just in case it does not (I read Apple's documentation word by word), you should check their subscription status to their individual plans after you upgrade. If necessary they may need to cancel their plans once they are covered by yours. Please report back so I know how to advise people who occasionally ask similar questions. :-)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2021 1:49 PM in response to johnd129

Click on this link and read about 'Get an Apple Music Family subscription" --> https://support.apple.com/HT205595

"If someone in the family group already has an individual or student subscription to Apple Music, renewal of that subscription is automatically canceled when they join the family group."

However, your children are already in Family Sharing. The above might apply to them too but just in case it does not (I read Apple's documentation word by word), you should check their subscription status to their individual plans after you upgrade. If necessary they may need to cancel their plans once they are covered by yours. Please report back so I know how to advise people who occasionally ask similar questions. :-)

If I upgrade my Apple Music to the family sharing options will my kids all music plan auto convert over to that

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.