Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't drag titlebar of window to next screen

For some reason, no Finder no web browser window will let me drag the titlebar of the window to move it around. It shifts maybe a few pixels, but if I want it to move to my extended display it refuses to do so even with my window not maximized or kiosk mode. This is happening in High Sierra 10.13.6 on an iMac 11,3 (the maximum OS for the computer. It used to work just fine. Now, even though the mouse cursor will navigate to the adjacent display, I can't make windows open on the adjacent display. What's going on here?

Current Pro Desktops

Posted on Apr 11, 2021 1:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2021 5:37 PM

You can use your keyboard as a mouse, as a test:

Control the pointer using Mouse Keys on Mac - Apple Support

Option-Command-F5, or tap Touch ID thrice.

Similar questions

9 replies

Apr 15, 2021 5:01 PM in response to MrHoffman

After navigating to the universal access and coming back to my machine 12 hours later, it suddenly freed up again. Really weird.

It wasn't working, even though I didn't technically change any universal access settings. Maybe just the virtue of opening it resolved some corrupt preference. Thank you. I need second mouse anyway for my work from home laptop.

Can't drag titlebar of window to next screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.