Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini M1 + DisplayLink + Monterey 12.3

I've just installed Monterey 12.3 on a Mac Mini M1 16G. It has a displaylink adaptor driving 2x further displays.

Everything working well previously. Now on main (HDMI) monitor I can't resize any window. On the two extended (DisplayLink) displays I can resize as normal - can even drag window from main display to an extended one, resize and drag back. Right click on backdrop doesn't work on main display either.

I usually have a remote desktop session open full screen on one of the extended displays - this now minimises every time I open a safari window.

Things seem utterly broken and I don't see an easy route to roll back?

Mac mini, macOS 12.3

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 8:21 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 16, 2022 8:27 AM in response to thowat

Hi thowat,

Does the same issue happen in a temporary new user? We ask because a temporary new user doesn't have any changed or custom settings, which can help start isolating an issue to see if it is system-wide or with your current user: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac 

If you wish to go back to a different macOS, you can use Time Machine to do so (if you have a Time Machine backup from a different macOS version) or you can backup your content, erase your drive, and reinstall macOS. Depending on what you'd like to do, the articles below might be helpful to you:

Take care!

Mac Mini M1 + DisplayLink + Monterey 12.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.