Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My photo icon button doesn’t work in text messages

How do I get my photo icon to work for text messages? The icon appears but when I press it, it does not take me to my photo library. I have to physically go to my camera and share photos from there. Everything is updated and I have reset phone and restarted. I have a IPhone 11 Pro Max. Thanks for any help!

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 11, 2021 3:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 3:00 PM

Hello Gevert13,

It sounds like you are not able to access your photos from Messages. We understand how important this is to you and we are here to help.

Let's close the Messages app and reopen it: Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch

If the issue persists, can you provide additional details? When did you first notice this? Has this function ever worked previously? Also, what is your exact iOS version?

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2021 3:00 PM in response to gevert13

Hello Gevert13,

It sounds like you are not able to access your photos from Messages. We understand how important this is to you and we are here to help.

Let's close the Messages app and reopen it: Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch

If the issue persists, can you provide additional details? When did you first notice this? Has this function ever worked previously? Also, what is your exact iOS version?

Cheers!

Apr 13, 2021 8:58 AM in response to gevert13

Gavert13,

Thank you for those details. Has this function ever worked perviously?

Since this is a software issue with iOS we may need to back up your device and restore to factory settings. These articles should help:

Back up iPhone

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

Once you restore set up as new and test to see if the issue persists. If it seems to be resolved, load your backup and test again.

Let us know the results.

Take Care!

My photo icon button doesn’t work in text messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.