📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moving Files from iCloud to Mac

How do I move files from iCloud back to my MacBook so that i don't have to wait so long to load a large file from the cloud

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 11, 2021 7:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 12:31 AM

Uploading the new file ( maximum size of the file 50 GB ) iCloud Drive FAQ - Apple Support will only occur when iCloud Drive is setup along with turning on desktops and documents box get checked .

Syncing of files will take time , even you directly drag and drop files from iCloud.com to finder location > documents .

See the articles Upload and download files from iCloud Drive on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 12, 2021 12:31 AM in response to Trrystan

Uploading the new file ( maximum size of the file 50 GB ) iCloud Drive FAQ - Apple Support will only occur when iCloud Drive is setup along with turning on desktops and documents box get checked .

Syncing of files will take time , even you directly drag and drop files from iCloud.com to finder location > documents .

See the articles Upload and download files from iCloud Drive on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive - Apple Support

Moving Files from iCloud to Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.