Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Autoplay Infinity symbol still missing

It is almost May 2021 and I still have found no solution on Apple forums for why the auto play infinity symbol has been removed from the Apple Music app. Every time someone specifically asked this question they get no response from anyone at Apple, just a reminder of how cool it is to have auto play which we do not want at all. Furthermore, there’s no reason in the world why this should not be a simple setting under settings, music, auto play on off. But Apple doesn’t ever want anything to be simple and unlike Apple in the 1990s which was all about user customization they apparently want to tell us exactly what to do every minute of the day now. I might as well have just been a Windows user this whole time. Gross. When are you gonna fix this bug apple? Many people do not enjoy auto play ever on any device video audio or otherwise. Imagine if back in the day when you walked in the house your **** cassette player just started blaring because you were there. Again, gross. Also annoying, and invasive.

thanks for anyone who can help with this. Or I could of course just start using vox because even though it’s boring it works much easier.

Posted on Apr 11, 2021 11:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2021 11:08 AM

Well I appreciate the suggestion although that did not work for me. And like many other music apps even when I quit the app and restart my phone as soon as I open the app there’s always a song down in the bottom ready to hit play. This is what I want to disappear. I want to open an app with absolutely nothing! queued, and apparently our modern world either I’m one of the few people who want that — or the makers of apps like Apple, inc. just don’t care and would prefer that you immediately start consuming

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2021 11:08 AM in response to Checoxter

Well I appreciate the suggestion although that did not work for me. And like many other music apps even when I quit the app and restart my phone as soon as I open the app there’s always a song down in the bottom ready to hit play. This is what I want to disappear. I want to open an app with absolutely nothing! queued, and apparently our modern world either I’m one of the few people who want that — or the makers of apps like Apple, inc. just don’t care and would prefer that you immediately start consuming

Jun 22, 2021 9:27 AM in response to RebelChemist

Happened to me a few times. Must be a specific bug, because when I completely closed the app, and went to my playlist as if there was no music queued (do not select the current song at the bottom), selected a song from that playlist, and THEN looked for the button, it was there. Also, when it disappeared from my phone, it also disappeared from my watch.

Autoplay Infinity symbol still missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.