Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Edit Lock Screen

I used to have music app preview on my Lock Screen when listening to music. Once I closed the app / deleted it from the history, it would also disappear from my Lock Screen.

But since the last few months I can’t figure out how to remove it from my Lock Screen. And it ennoys me a lot as at my work people can see the music app open on my locked phone and they could think I’m listening to music while at work.

Ive tried to check settings in several topics (Lock Screen, widgets, music App, edit Home Screen...) but can’t find where to remove it.

Does anyone know please?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 3:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 7:05 AM

If you have deleted the Music app from your iPhone, it should not appear on the lock screen. Are you sure you do not confuse the Music app widget on the lock screen with the general "Player" that appears on the lock screen if you play something in other apps or in Safari?

Have you tried rebooting your phone after deleting the music app?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2021 7:05 AM in response to 321Sarah

If you have deleted the Music app from your iPhone, it should not appear on the lock screen. Are you sure you do not confuse the Music app widget on the lock screen with the general "Player" that appears on the lock screen if you play something in other apps or in Safari?

Have you tried rebooting your phone after deleting the music app?

Apr 12, 2021 8:32 AM in response to 321Sarah

Okay. Then you can try turning off Notifications for the Music app.

On your iPhone, go to:

Settings -> Notifications. Find the Music app, tap and turn off Allow Notifications.

Also try closing all other apps from your App history, and then do a reboot and see if it made a difference.

Edit Lock Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.