Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music apps replace lock screen widgets and backgrounds

The new lock screen widgets (battery status, weather, etc) on iOS are a real improvements. However, when a music app (Apple Music or Spotify) is playing the widgets disappear and the wallpaper is replaced by music covers. In particular, that the widgets disappear doesn't make any sense. Why would I no longer care about battery status just because I am streaming music?

So my question is whether there is any way to disable the take over of my home screen by a music app?

iPhone 13 Mini

Posted on Feb 10, 2023 3:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2023 1:24 PM

Hello and236,

To switch between the the full screen and minimized album art on the lock screen, just tap on the image. If it's currently in the full screen view, just tap on the album artwork image and it will minimize to the bottom of the lock screen. If you want to switch back to the full screen view, just tap on the album artwork image at the bottom of the screen to expand it.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2023 1:24 PM in response to and236

Hello and236,

To switch between the the full screen and minimized album art on the lock screen, just tap on the image. If it's currently in the full screen view, just tap on the album artwork image and it will minimize to the bottom of the lock screen. If you want to switch back to the full screen view, just tap on the album artwork image at the bottom of the screen to expand it.

Cheers!

Music apps replace lock screen widgets and backgrounds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.