Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why doesn't the ethernet option show up when I open the network preferences for my Mac?

I am unable to connect my MacBook with the ethernet for some reason. I have an adaptor that functions properly when plugged into my Mac but there is no option for the ethernet on my Mac. I was wondering where I can find the ethernet option. I searched the internet but there was nothing related to my problem.

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 7:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2021 3:40 PM

This is also my situation. I clicked on the + and there's no option called Ethernet. I tried adding one of the Thunderbolt options but nothing new appeared in my network options. I'm on Big Sur with a MacBook Air 2020.

3 replies

Why doesn't the ethernet option show up when I open the network preferences for my Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.