Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I allow 2 users on my iPad?

I am using iOS 14.4.2. How can I allow my wife to use my iPad?

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 9:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 10:23 AM

An iPad is a single-user device. 

Unlike other computers with which you may be familiar, that support multiple user profiles - other than “managed” educational environments, OS/iPadOS devices are not intended to be shared.

Be aware that if you sign-out of iCloud and other Apple services - and allow another user to sign-in - you’ll not be able to change back for 90-days.

So as to prevent account abuse, some critical Apple services will only allow one change of signed-in AppleID (on a device) in a 90-day period.

In conclusion, unless you fully understand and accept the implications, you would be well advised to reconsider any attempt to share your iPad with another user.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2021 10:23 AM in response to Bikenblues

An iPad is a single-user device. 

Unlike other computers with which you may be familiar, that support multiple user profiles - other than “managed” educational environments, OS/iPadOS devices are not intended to be shared.

Be aware that if you sign-out of iCloud and other Apple services - and allow another user to sign-in - you’ll not be able to change back for 90-days.

So as to prevent account abuse, some critical Apple services will only allow one change of signed-in AppleID (on a device) in a 90-day period.

In conclusion, unless you fully understand and accept the implications, you would be well advised to reconsider any attempt to share your iPad with another user.

How can I allow 2 users on my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.