Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 7 unnable to activate

My wife is an Apple user. She has an Iphone X and the battery need replacement. So i went online and bought a iphone 7 (used) so she can use the phone while the other was on the repai shop. The seller provided imei of the iphone 7 and it was carrier unlock and icloud free.

When i was setting it up, the message unnable to activate pop up. I restored the phone and tried again. still the same error.

After that, i called apple suport, and they said that the phone shoud have not be sold because it was swaped in an Apple store and it should have been recicled!

The problem is it was not and i bought it!

A shame that phones for recicling, that were swaped in Apple OFFICIAL stores for recicling apear in the used market.

Already sent email and no one replies from Apple, so i will make as much noise as possible.

iPhone 7

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 11:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 11:18 AM

Don't make too much noise, you are in possession of stolen merchandise. You don't seem to understand how this situation happens, Purchaser A buys and iPhone 7. Some time later they file a service claim saying their phone is damaged and pay for an express replacement with a fraudulent credit card. The charge goes through, Apple sends the service unit. Purchaser A gets the box to send in the supposedly damaged unit but instead Purchaser A sells that phone on the market. Apple never receives this unit and has nothing to do with it being resold.

Your issue is with whoever sold you that iPhone. Return it and get your money back.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2021 11:18 AM in response to Cigarro

Don't make too much noise, you are in possession of stolen merchandise. You don't seem to understand how this situation happens, Purchaser A buys and iPhone 7. Some time later they file a service claim saying their phone is damaged and pay for an express replacement with a fraudulent credit card. The charge goes through, Apple sends the service unit. Purchaser A gets the box to send in the supposedly damaged unit but instead Purchaser A sells that phone on the market. Apple never receives this unit and has nothing to do with it being resold.

Your issue is with whoever sold you that iPhone. Return it and get your money back.

Apr 24, 2021 4:43 AM in response to deggie

Hello. Thanks for your reply, but yhis is not the case! Apple suport states it was an item sent for recicling by an autorized Apple Store. The issue with the seller was resolved (got a refund). The question is: How does an item sent for recicling by an Apple official store shows up for sale? If you are abble to explain that...

Iphone 7 unnable to activate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.