Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will my photos be restored or do I need iCloud photos enabled?

On my iPhone I’ve turned off iCloud photos and I deleted them from my iCloud too. I have photos in my iPhones storage. I was wondering if I backup my phone and were to restore my backup to a new iPhone will my photos be transferred to my new iPhone?

(To anyone wondering I’ve backed all my photos from iCloud and my iPhone to my Computer just incase but a backup and restore would be much easier and less time consuming so I just wanna know.)

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 1:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2021 10:56 AM

Hello there, Cycry060. Thank you for posting your question to the Apple Support Communities. We’re happy to help you find the best solution for transferring your photos over to your new iPhone. 

From what we understand, you have an iOS device backup but do not store any photos with your iCloud storage at this time. As it turns out, your iCloud device backup will save a copy of your photos and videos that are on your iPhone. 

If you create a device backup using a computer, this backup will contain your photos and videos as well. 

It is important to note that when you do have the iCloud Photo Library enabled, iCloud data like photos and videos would not be included with your device backups. 

You can find more information in the following Apple Support articles. 

About backups for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

We hope this information helps you find the best solution. Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Cheers! 

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2021 10:56 AM in response to Cycry060

Hello there, Cycry060. Thank you for posting your question to the Apple Support Communities. We’re happy to help you find the best solution for transferring your photos over to your new iPhone. 

From what we understand, you have an iOS device backup but do not store any photos with your iCloud storage at this time. As it turns out, your iCloud device backup will save a copy of your photos and videos that are on your iPhone. 

If you create a device backup using a computer, this backup will contain your photos and videos as well. 

It is important to note that when you do have the iCloud Photo Library enabled, iCloud data like photos and videos would not be included with your device backups. 

You can find more information in the following Apple Support articles. 

About backups for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

We hope this information helps you find the best solution. Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Cheers! 

Will my photos be restored or do I need iCloud photos enabled?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.