Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Full Screen Not Working

Hi,

I have the same problem that Kouetttte asked about Sep 10, 2012 with their Kouetttte MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion. I don't know when it started, but I can no longer go into complete full screen, there's a little dong and it will fill the majority of the screen, but it won't fill the entire screen (the dock is always visible). I tried finding the Finder prefs, to delete the com.apple.finder.plist as recommended by Macjack, but I couldn't find it anywhere. It doesn't seem to exist.

How can I get it back to working like normal full screen?

Thanks in advance

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 1:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2021 11:08 AM

Hello there, TheStormblessedOne. Thank you for posting your question to the Apple Support Communities. We’re happy to help with the Full Screen features of your macOS apps. 

We’d like to be sure that you have the following Apple Support article first. This article explains more about using Full Screen mode with your applications: 

Use apps in full screen on Mac - Apple Support

If you are following these suggestions but are still noticing that your apps will not enter full screen mode, we can help you more. To isolate this issue further, we’d like to find out what happens while you use your Mac in safe mode. Please enter safe mode and try using Full Screen mode with your apps. The following article explains how to use safe mode with your Mac: 

Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support

Please let us know what you find out! 

Cheers! 

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2021 11:08 AM in response to TheStormblessedOne

Hello there, TheStormblessedOne. Thank you for posting your question to the Apple Support Communities. We’re happy to help with the Full Screen features of your macOS apps. 

We’d like to be sure that you have the following Apple Support article first. This article explains more about using Full Screen mode with your applications: 

Use apps in full screen on Mac - Apple Support

If you are following these suggestions but are still noticing that your apps will not enter full screen mode, we can help you more. To isolate this issue further, we’d like to find out what happens while you use your Mac in safe mode. Please enter safe mode and try using Full Screen mode with your apps. The following article explains how to use safe mode with your Mac: 

Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support

Please let us know what you find out! 

Cheers! 

Full Screen Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.