Newsroom Update

Updates to the Home experience elevate entertainment and bring more convenience. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV wont recognize my HBO MAX account

Before there was HBOGO, I had HBONOW. I signed up for HBOMAX through my HBO NOW account. My Apple TV does not recognize my HBOMAX account.. I have a HBO MAX app inside my Apple TV program, but it won't let me sign on. What do I do?

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 7:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2021 7:34 AM

Open the HBO Max app on your Apple TV device and sign in with your HBO account, if you subscribed through HBO directly. If you subscribed in-app on an Apple device, with billing through Apple, then the HBO Max app would recognize you subscription directly, based on your Apple ID account.

HBO would need a separate HBO Max app; the Apple TV app will need to link to that.

The HBO Max app requires an Apple TV box of 4th generation or later.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2021 7:34 AM in response to Rodmon

Open the HBO Max app on your Apple TV device and sign in with your HBO account, if you subscribed through HBO directly. If you subscribed in-app on an Apple device, with billing through Apple, then the HBO Max app would recognize you subscription directly, based on your Apple ID account.

HBO would need a separate HBO Max app; the Apple TV app will need to link to that.

The HBO Max app requires an Apple TV box of 4th generation or later.

Apple TV wont recognize my HBO MAX account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.