Can’t connect to Apple TV account on iPad

I was able to watch Apple TV last night on my TV. I have watched it on my IPad before but tonight I keep getting the message to purchase Apple TV + for $6.99. I shouldn’t have to do that if I already have a subscription on my TV, right? I’m not being asked for a password. It does show my husband’s name in the lower left corner.

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 6:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 10:01 PM

iPad is designed as a personal device, capable of using one Apple ID account for the services. It is not designed for switching accounts. Signing out and in with various accounts may disrupt services.

Apple TV+ is a subscription that is tied to an Apple ID account. Using a different Apple ID account wouldn’t get you access to the subscription content.

Small family groups may share certain subscriptions (including Apple TV+) through Family Sharing. If you have that already, then you would have access through either account, although one is the actual subscriber.

See your subscriptions overview for this Apple ID account - Apple

About Family Sharing - Apple

What you can do with Family Sharing - Apple Support

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Add a family member to your shared subscriptions - Apple Support

One user in the group would take on the role of Organizer, and invites the other prospect group members, each by their own Apple ID account. Have them each create an account, if they do not have one yet. This inviting should be done on the organizer’s iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, or Mac. The people that receive this invitation then choose to accept or decline. That’s it, then the Family Sharing group is established, and then the shareable subscription content will be available to all group members. Then each of the members get access through their own account. The subscriber and the organizer do not have to be the same person.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2023 10:01 PM in response to HelpNeededNowPlease1972

iPad is designed as a personal device, capable of using one Apple ID account for the services. It is not designed for switching accounts. Signing out and in with various accounts may disrupt services.

Apple TV+ is a subscription that is tied to an Apple ID account. Using a different Apple ID account wouldn’t get you access to the subscription content.

Small family groups may share certain subscriptions (including Apple TV+) through Family Sharing. If you have that already, then you would have access through either account, although one is the actual subscriber.

See your subscriptions overview for this Apple ID account - Apple

About Family Sharing - Apple

What you can do with Family Sharing - Apple Support

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Add a family member to your shared subscriptions - Apple Support

One user in the group would take on the role of Organizer, and invites the other prospect group members, each by their own Apple ID account. Have them each create an account, if they do not have one yet. This inviting should be done on the organizer’s iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, or Mac. The people that receive this invitation then choose to accept or decline. That’s it, then the Family Sharing group is established, and then the shareable subscription content will be available to all group members. Then each of the members get access through their own account. The subscriber and the organizer do not have to be the same person.

Can’t connect to Apple TV account on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.